It will help to identify some peculiar problems e.g. personal social Problems, educational problem, psychological problem and the means of resolving them. For instance, a new female student who is being intimidated by a cultist for into having immoral dealing with him should know the the appropriate step or action to take. She needs to inform any of the following: Students Affairs Officer, School Counsellor, Head Of Department etc.
- It helps both the teachers and parents who are greatly concerned about the tender age at which boys and girls enter secondary schools, college of education, Polytechnics and University.
- It will help, very immensely the students who are still emotionally, mentally and socially immature, to pre-conditionally adjust to effective teaching-leaning interactions.
- It is important for students’ quick and early adjustment to school environment and their consequent improved academic achievement.
- It will help a great extent students who do not see the usefulness of going to school; such students regard going to as a waste of time.
- Students’ orientation helps students to acquire as much information as possible regarding the school procedures and practices which they need in order to re-align their individual lifestyles with school culture.
- Students orientation is also organized to remove the initial resistance to school which fresh students may experience.
- It helps to reduce the fresh students’ initial motivation to escape either physically or psychologically from school.
- Students orientation involves a delibrate. effort by school authorities to arouse in the new students, the desire to belong to and remain a participating member of the institution.
- Students orientation does not only serve to re-assure the bewildered, fearful and reluctant students, it also helps to sustain the enthusiasm and motivation with which some students come to school and colleges. Such students come to schools very eager to identify with it and to participate actively units activities.